Motorcycles are an expensive and eco-friendly mode of transportation, as well as a great way to enjoy the roads of South Carolina. However, motorcycle accidents are all too common and can result in serious injuries, even death. The risk of serious injury and death becomes even greater when a motorcyclist fails to wear a helmet, or to take proper precautions.
Whatever the cause of your motorcycle accident, the South Carolina accident attorneys at The Anastopoulo Law Firm can provide you with professional representation so you can recover due compensation.
Understanding Motorcycle Accident Law
Motorcycles are extremely dangerous vehicles, and crashes often lead to catastrophic injuries. By some estimates, motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to die in a fatal road accident, and this likelihood increases when a motorcyclist fails to wear a helmet or to follow relevant traffic rules and regulations. Some of the non-fatal injuries that can result from a motorcycle accident include:
- Foot and leg fractures
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord and neck injuries
- Severe lacerations and cuts
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by a broad range of issues and situations that occur on the road, including:
- Weather conditions
- Road conditions
- Motorcycle defects
- Dangerous and negligent driving of automobilists and motorcyclists
- Defects and other problems with other automobiles on the road
A motorcycle accident can be an extremely scary and jarring experience. However, immediately following your accident there are certain things that can be done which could potentially greatly increase your ability to recover compensation and damages from the faulty party. In addition to some of the basics covered in our Auto Accident FAQ, these best practices include:
- Calling the police as soon as possible so that a police report can be entered and later used in your legal dispute
- Immediately seeking medical help
- Obtaining the name, phone numbers and addresses of the other party involved in the accident, as well as the contact information of all witnesses to the accident
- Taking photographs of the scene of the accident, the damage to your vehicle or motorcycle and your injuries
- Contacting the Anastopoulo Law Firm immediately for help
Contact Anastopoulo Law Firm Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Today
At Anastopoulo Law Firm, our team of South Carolina attorneys have years of experience in successfully litigating motorcycle accident claims. If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash, the personal injury attorneys at the Anastopoulo Law Firm can help. Contact us today to learn how we can be of assistance.